Brief Introduction of the Department-
The Drugs Control Administration deals with manufacture and sale of Drugs for internal consumption and export purpose. The state department is headed by the Director. The organ gram of the department is produced hereunder for brevity.
Joint Director (Enforcement) Joint Director Lab( Drugs Control Laboratory Hyderabad)
Deputy Director Hyderabad Zone Senior Scientific Officers Lab( Government Analyst)
Deputy Dirctor Warangal Zone Junior Scientific Officers Lab
Deputy Directors Mfg – 2 nos Junior analyst
Assistant Directors of Districts and city
Assistant Dirctors Hyderabad (Manufacturing)
Drugs Inspectors Sales and Manufacaturing.
Proposals have been submitted to the Government for creation of the posts of Assistant Directors in the newly formed Revenue Districts in Telangana State. However orders are awaited from the Government regarding the sanction of new posts of Assistant Directors in the new districts.
Instructions are received from the HOD to start new offices in the new Districts by posting the Drugs Inspector working in the respective areas as District unit officers. The Assistant Director in the corresponding parent District will function as Licencing and Controlling Authority for the new districts created in the parent District. Accordingly the Drugs Inspector of Warangal Rural is now District unit officer for Warangal Rural District and will be reporting to Assistant Director Warangal Urban Dist. The office of the Drugs Inspector Warangal Rural is now redesignated as Office of the Drugs Inspector, Warangal Rural District.
Duties of the Drugs Inspector:
- To enforce the Acts mentioned above.
- To inspect all the medical shops in the District once in a year.
iii.To inspect the Blood Banks in the District.
- To inspect the Manufacturing units in the Distirict.
- To take samples of drugs for test and analysis from the sales and manufacturing establishments.
- To control the prices of the drugs sold and manufactured in the district.
vii.To inspect the Government Central Drug stores and pickup samples of the drugs supplied by the
- To Assist the Licencing Authoriy in grant/renewal of the Drug Sales / manufacturing licences for sale of Drugs and also licences for sale and manufacturing of NDPS Drugs under NDPS Act.
- Inspection of Complaints in writing which may be made to him.
- To institute prosecution against the violators under the above said provisions of the Act.
xii. To attend courts of law during trials of criminal cases filed under various statutes enforced by
And to perform such other duties assigned by the controlling authority from time to time related to the enforcement of the Acts.