The Labour department is enforcing (23) labour enactments to protect the rights and provide the Welfare schemes to the Organized and Unorganized workers and employees who are working in the different schedule of employment such as i.e., 1) Factories, 2) Shops & Establishments 3) agriculture workers and 4) Building and Other construction establishments.
The Labour Department is enforcing for the (23) Labour Acts and its Rules whenever and whatever it needs Labour Department is providing welfare schemes to the organized workers through the Telangana Labour Welfare Board, Hyderabad. The following welfare schemes are implementing as shown in Annexure-I.
At the present the most important Labour activities is TB&OCWW Act.
The most important task is to:
- Identification of new construction establishments
- Registration of new construction establishments
- Collection of Labour cess @1% from the employer on the total construction cost
- Identification of Construction Workers.
- Registration of construction workers
- Providing identity cards
- Enforcing the following Welfare Schemes to the all construction workers nook and corner of the Warangal (Rural) district in the (15) mandals.
- The above task department officers conducting the awareness meeting at Mandal level and district level through the trade unions and construction workers unions.
The construction workers having welfare scheme as shown in Annexure-II.
15 days Skill upgrading training to the construction workers in category of Masons, Electrical, Plumbing, Sanitation and painter in the training center is situated in the Mahabubabad district head quarters, training will be provided by the NAC (National Academy for construction, Hyderabad under chairman ship of Hon’ble C.M. of Telangana).
The Labour department will be provided the stipend of Rs. 300/- per day with breakfast, Tea and Lunch will be provided.
The Department is provided (90) days training program to the children of the construction workers.
Providing training program to the women workers and their daughter on the stretching and embroidery.
The implementation of the Social Security Scheme for “Transport & Non-Transport Auto Drivers” in Telangana State with a coverage of Rs.5,00,000/- (Rupees five lakhs only) Accidental Death Insurance for one year i.e. from 22.08.2016 to 21.8.2017. The entire cost of premium for Rs.5,00,000/- Accidental Death Insurance for beneficiary covered under the scheme shall be paid by the State Government.