- Maintain Law and Order and Internal Security by coordinating with the Superintendent of Police
- Look after the VVIP’s and VIP’s visits and facilitate their stay.
Over view important fairs and festivals involving Law and Order and agrarian and Labour and other situations.
- Exercise powers under The Andhra Pradesh Habitual Offenders Act, 1962.
- Send administration Reports (including Municipal Administration Reports) through Joint Collector.
- Encourage Social Service Organization like Red Cross, Social Guild of Service etc.,
- Requisition Motor Vehicles of other Departments and sanction and control Expenditure on Government Vehicles.
- Conduct Census operations.
- Attend the Telephone Advisory Committee Meeting or on exceptional occasions, depute the Joint Collector to attend keeping the Post master General and other concerned of the meeting informed of the fact.
- Issue and Renew licenses to pistols and Automatic Weapons.
- Maintain personal files of all Gazetted Officers in the Revenue Department including Tahsildars through Joint Collector.
- Write confidential reports of all Gazetted Officers of other Departments.
- Decide on transfers and postings of Tahsildars.
- Submit lists of names for inclusion in the promotion list of Revenue Divisional Officers, Tahsildars and Deputy Tahsildars through Joint Collector.
- Grant of leave of Tahsildars through Joint Collector.
- Enquiry into allegations against the Gazetted Officers.
- Decide on transfers, grant of leave etc., of Assistant Public Prosecutors, Grade I AND II.
- Act as the Chairman of joint staff council of Village Officers
- Review and supervise Collection of Land Revenue, Loans, Excise and other dues through Joint Collectors.
- Oversee Land Reforms (General Policy) Through Joint Collector
Review and supervise procurement of food items through Joint Collector.
Planning and Development:
- Deal with all works relating to Planning and Development inclusive of all correspondence relating to Democratic Decentralisation.
- Control and Supervise Special Officers doing development work in district as Chief Executive Officers and Mandal Parishad
Irrigation (Major and Minor):
Exercise powers under the following acts
- The Andhra Pradesh (Telangana Area) Irrigation Act, 1357F.
Adverse seasonal conditions:
Order for remission when there is widespread damage due to adverse seasonal conditions through District Revenue Officer.
- Act as the District Election Officer.
- Order for periodical revision of electoral rolls
- Conduct polls in peaceful and fair manner.
Road transport authority
The Collector is the statutory Chairman of the Road Transport Authority.
- Look after Agency Administration and Development.
- Act under the Andhra Pradesh Agency Rules A.P. Regulation 2/70,.
- Inspect the subordinate Offices at random.
- Inspect at least one Revenue Divisional Officers in rotation.
- Sanction funds under discretionary grants.
- Give State Development Loans through Joint Collector.
Exercise powers under
- The Indian Registration of Foreigner Act.(Central Act XVI OF 1939)
- The Indian Explosive Act (Central Act IV of 1895)
- The Indian Arms Act (Central Act XI of 1878)
- The Arms Act, 1959 (No. 54 of 1959)
- Officials Secret Act.
Take action under The Andhra Pradesh Excise Act, 1968