General supervision and inspections:
- Exercise General Supervision and Control over Tahsildars, M.R.O.s Special Deputy Tahsildars and every special staff employed in the division and kept under his control.
- Under take Annual Inspection of Taluk / Mandal Office in his Division.
- Supervise and review fixing of kist / collection centers, collection of Land Revenue nonagricultural assessment, excise arrear loans and all other miscellaneous revenues.
- Inspect offices of Mandal Praja Parishads.
- Inspect SC / ST and BC’s housing colonies.
- Inspect Social Welfare and Tribal Welfare Hostels.
- Inspect Cinema Theatres including touring Talkies.
- Conduct test check of community certificate / Nativity certificate / solvency Certificate / Legal Heir Certificates issued by the M.R.Os.
- Inspect works relating to Natural Calamities viz., Flood, Fire, Cyclone etc.
- Inspect Fair Price Shops, Rice Mills, and Civil Supplies Godowns and attend to other Official matters relating to Civil Supplies.
- Inspect Survey Stone Depots and Boundary marks of Survey Stones.
- Countersign the T.A. Bills of Tahsildars and Mandal Development Officers and review of Tour Diaries of Tahsildars, M.R.Os and M.D.Os.
- Initiate Confidential Reports (C.Rs). of Tahsildars and M.R.Os.
- Undertake Joint Azmoish under the Major Projects.
Role as a statutory authority:
Divisional Officer shall perform the duties and functions assigned to him under the various Acts and Rules.
- Minimum Wages Act.
- A.P. (Telangana Area) Tenancy Act, 1950 / Andhra Area Tenancy Act, 1956 (as amended).
- The A.P. (Telangana) Inam Abolition Act, 1973.
- A.P. Pawn Brokers Acts, 1943.
- A.P. Land Encroachment Act, 1905.
- A.P. Occupants of Home stead Act, 1976.
- Indian Stamps Act, 1890 and A.P. Court Fees and Suits Valuation Act, 1956.
- Appeals under Irrigation disputes.
- Appeals under Tree Patta Scheme.
- Grants of Licenses under Explosives Act, Petroleum products order, 1996 andArms Act, 1959.
- Dowry Act.
- A.P. ROR. Act, 1971.
- The Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
- The A.P. Land Grabbing (Prohibition) Act, 1969.
- A.P. Land Transfer Regulation Act, 1969.
- Cinematograph Act, 1955 Regulation thereon.
- A.P. Water Tax Act, 1988
- A.P. (T.A) Land Revenue Act, 1317 F.
- A.P. (T.A) Land Revenue Act, 1951.
- The Evacuee Property Act.
- Land Acquisition Act.
Role as revenue officer:
- Protect and safeguard Government land and properties including buildings, Irrigation sources, trees etc.,
- Monitor and review leases, transfer, alienation and Assignment of Government Lands and take suitable follow up action after due Inspections where necessary.
- Inspect encroachment and unauthorized occupation of ineligible Sivai Jamedars on Government lands and take suitable follow up action including action for cancellation of irregular assignment etc.,
- Check village Accounts, Azmoish of crops especially the cases where remission has been proposed.
- Conduct Jamabandi, Annual settlement of Village Accounts.
- During adverse Seasonal Conditions, ensure proper submission of proposals for grant of remission of land revenue.
- Inspect irrigation sources.
- Attend to general Land Acquisition work including follow up on completion of post award action.
- Dispose Appeals against the orders of appointments or punishments of Village Administrative Officers / Village Servants.
- Exercise the powers of First Class Executive Magistrate conferred under provisions of Criminal procedure code and take such steps as are necessary for the maintenance of Law and Order.
Welfare and developmental duties:
- Sanctioning Old Act Pension, Widow Pension, Landless Agricultural Labour Pension, Drought Pension, National Family Benefit Scheme (NFBS) and Physically handicapped Pension, as per rules.
- Monitoring State housing schemes, Adarana, Apathbandhu, Roshini, Cheyutha, and Deepam
- Monitoring Rythu Bazar and Agricultural Market Committee
- Implementing Land Purchase Scheme for SCs and SC farmers loaning programme
- Identification of Land & implementation of Rain fed Horticulture
- Implementation of rural sanitation schemes
- Monitoring programmes like NeeruMeeru, Disabled Welfare and Women & Child Welfare.
- Selecting candidates under PMRY
- Attending to the work relating to rehabilitation of Pakistan / Burma / Bangladesh / Sri Lanka repatriates.
- Coordinating, monitoring and supervising the planning implementation and review of all developmental activities in the division.
- Attend to the Protocol duties like
- Reservation of Guest Houses
- Reception of VIPs Accompaniment and send off
- Arrangement for State Functions and Fairs & Festivals
- Providing vehicles
- Providing security
- Communication of tour programmes
- Arranging press meets
- Arranging of meeting with VIPS
- Act as Accommodation Controller in the notified areas.
- Revise Electoral Rolls and discharge duties connected with elections as Returning Officer for Assembly Elections and Assistant Returning Officer for Parliament Elections.
- Conduct Local Body Elections
- Attend to other items of work conferred under relevant Boards standing orders and other nonstatutory codes and Regulations.
- Do such other official work as may be entrusted by the Government / Commissioner of Land Revenue / Collector / Joint Collector from time to time.
- Coordinate vigilance and enforcement work of all departments at DivisionalLevel
- Act under Bonded Labour Act,76, Child Labour Abolition Act and Minimum Wages Act
Attend the following review meetings
- Assignment Committee
- Food Advisory Committee
- Divisional Coordination Committee
- Monthly Review of MROs in the division
- Collector/ Joint Collector’s review
- Revenue Conferences
- Disciplinary cases of Public Servants
- Allegations against any Officer as directed by the Collector.
Conduct the following operations
- Population Census
- World Agricultural Census
- Minor Irrigation Census
- Live Stock Census
- Appoint FP shop dealers
- Give Authorization to FP Shop dealers
- Renew of authorization
- Implement Deepam Scheme
- Implement Annapurna Scheme
Take such preventive and relief measures as may be necessary to safeguard the lives and property during accidents, epidemics, Law and Order Situations. Monitor the following situations and take appropriate steps to mitigate the disasters.
- Fire accidents
- Hail storms
- Earth quakes
- Drinking water supply in scarcity area
- Fodder supply in drought areas
- Communal riots
- Extremist violence
- Gastro Enteritis (G.E.Cases)
- Japanese Encephalities (J.E.Cases)
Coordinate with Medical and health Department in the following work
- Family Planning
- Promotion of spacing method
- Premarriage counseling
- Recruitment test for paramedical staff
Coordinate with Education Department in the following programmes
- Akashara Sankranthi
- Identification of dropouts
- Retention of dropouts
- Identification of Child labour
- Back to School
- Open school
- Bridge School
- Child labour School
- Summer Schools
- Continuous education centers
- Alternative schools
- Conduct of Public Examination/Common Entrances.
- Lisaioning District Selection Tests (DSC Tests)
- Women & Child Welfare Department
- Inspection of Aganwadi Centers
- Identification of beneficiaries under Girl Child Protection
- Formation of DWCRA Groups
- Disabled Welfare Department
- Sanction & distributing of PHC pension
- Distribution of aids
Perform the following functions under Janmabhoomi programme
- Organising, Liaisoning and Supervising the programme
- Grading the petitions
- Disposal of Individual Family Needs (IFN)/Non Financial Community Needs (NFCN)
- Reporting the total number of petitions and disposals
- Procurement & allotment of vehicles
- Give publicity and for practical purposes acting as defacto Nodal Officer for the entire division.
Clean and green:
Organise and supervise the Clean and green programme by giving due publicity
- Monitor and Motivate the formation of DWCRA groups
- Monitor Girls child Protection Scheme
- Do the identification for (National Maternity Benefits Scheme) NMBS
- Review the Nutrition standards of the children in the Anganwadi Centers and inspect the Anganwadi centers.
- Form Mothers Committees
- Allot FP shops to Woman groups
- Monitor and facilitate the formation youth groups
- Organising of Games & Sports
- Identification for sanction of CMEY
- Monitoring the youth group activities
Promotion of Selfhelp groups:
Formation & motivation of:
- Water User Associations
- DWCRA groups
- Village Education Committee
- Water sheds
- Vana Samrakshna Samithis
- Yuva Shakti
- Mothers Committees
Promotion of NSS:
- Appoint NSS Agents
- Achieve targets
- Motivate public for Savings
- Pay incentives to Agents
- Give Publicity to the scheme..
- Disposal of public petitions
- Review of disposal of grievances by Subordinate officers
- Receive Petitions referred by Higher Officials and Petitions referred by Public Representatives, acknowledge and enquire into them
- Monitor the disposal of Revenue Sadassulu petitions, Janmabhoomi petitions, and Chief Minister Petitions (CMPs)
Citizen Data Base:
- Monitor the maintenance and updation of MPHS data
- Monitor the maintenance of Land records data
- Issue caste certificate to selected castes.